And that is exactly what a bow tie says. Not that you’re powerless, but that you’re impotent. People offer to take you home not because you’re sexy but because you’re sex-less, a neutered cat in need of a good stiff cuddle.
— David Sedaris, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, “Buddy, Can You Spare a Tie?”, 2008, p. 62.
– The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
– The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami
– Bitter Orange by Marshall Moore
– Watch Me: A Memoir by Anjelica Huston
– Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
– Girl in a Band by Kim Gordon
– Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris
– Nine Inch Nails
– Sonic Youth
– Depeche Mode
– I’ve been watching more and more sports recently now that playoff season has arrived. The first round of the NBA playoffs was mostly rubbish, but now they’re getting interesting. I guess I’ll write more about that.
– I watched the original Star Wars movie for the very first time. What a painfully mediocre movie. I don’t quite understand how people lose their shit over this movie. Barbarella was a far better movie.
Here are random pictures of a shoe, a gopher snake and clouds.